Caring For Dry, Winter Skin
Posted on January 18, 2013
Do You Get Dry Skin In The Winter?
When winter comes around, the cold dry air mixed with the use of indoor heaters can rob your skin of significant moisture. Our skin has naturally occurring oils and lipids that protect it from environmental changes like these, but sometimes the drastic seasonal changes can knock our skin out of balance. You can end up with flakey, itchy skin and feeling desparate for relief.
Tips For Dry Winter Skin
There are steps you can take to help your skin survive the harshness of winter.
- The use room humidifier can assist in maintaining your skin.
- Use a gentle, non-fragranced soap.
- Reduce your shower temperature as the excessive heat can over dry the skin.
- Moisturize immediately after a shower to trap in moisture.
- Use creams and lotions that contain moisturizing ingredients such as dimethicone, hyaluronic acid, shea butter, avocado oil or glycerin.
To learn more about Winter Skin Care, visit the Vita Skin Care Blog.